Downton Abbey is a roleplaying community based on the BBC television show Downton Abbey. The following communities house our game:
dabbey_scenes - Where we are brilliant in complete sentences. dabbey_ooc - Where we squee about our own brilliance. dabbey_au - Where Sherlock and Cousin Violet are bound to end up the same scene.
THE GAME It's 1912, and life in the Edwardian country house of Downton Abbey is idyllic and bustling for the Crawley family, aided by their cadre of servants. Robert, Earl of Grantham, his American heiress wife Cora, and their three daughters, along with Robert's mother Violet, have lived largely uncomplicated lives. But the sinking of the Titanic hits home in an unexpected and dramatic way — Lord Grantham's heir, James Crawley, and his son Patrick have perished. Suddenly all the predictable succession plans have gone terribly awry, and unheard of questions now loom large — Who will be the new heir to the earldom? And what will happen to this distinguished estate, now in jeopardy? However, nothing is quite as it seems in the changing landscape and shifting fortunes of Downton Abbey.
(Adapted from PBS.com)
1. Regarding scenes of a sexual nature, underage players should be aware of the age restrictions in their countries and whether they are allowed to access adult material.
2. As with any roleplaying game, participation is key. That means try not to disappear for weeks at time.
3. Be nice to your friends, okay? Keep in-character drama in-character. Characters on this show are manipulative, catty, and backstabbing, but still character interactions are not real life. Let’s stay friendly.
4. If you have a problem with another player, tell them your concerns first privately. If you are unable to settle the problem alone, use the Page-A-Mod post and we will handle it.
5. While our game doesn’t follow canon, we would still like the game to operate in the show ‘verse. That means it takes a long time for people to travel places, and when they get there, they visit for weeks and days, not hours. They communicate by letters. They aren’t making out on couches in full view of everyone around them. Keep the times in mind is what we’re saying. We aren’t going to fact check these things, of course, but part of the fun is watching these characters navigate their restrictive world, where they are bound by status and honor, when they don’t necessarily wish to be.
6. Of course, have fun. This is the most important rule! >:(((